Junior Traffic Signal Designer (BB-30333)
Found in: Talent CA
Most of the things you'll be working on:
- Contribute significantly to the successful design, production and coordination of traffic signal design projects.
- Develop traffic signal and traffic control devices designs in AutoCAD and Microstation.
- Design experience in municipal projects. Experience and practice in the fields below will be an asset: functional roadway geometric design, pavement marking and signage, AODA accessible path criteria, traffic signal system equipment, cone of vision and roadway infrastructure dimensional relationship, utility clearances, single line wiring diagrams, photometric analysis and grounding & bonding of traffic signal system.
- Contract document preparation including construction drawings, specifications, cost estimate and special provisions.
- Communicate effectively with clients and internal team members (Engineers, Architects, Designers and Project Managers) in the design and specification development of traffic signal projects within an integrated multi-disciplinary project delivery team.
- Ensure accuracy, completeness and quality of technical information and project documentation in accordance with QA/QC programs.
- Ensure that engineering deliverables (e.g., drawings, specifications, analysis, budget estimates) comply with applicable regulations, standards, corporate procedures and sound engineering practices.
- Ensure that project deliverables are met in a timely manner to a high quality
- Take direction from Senior Project Managers
You'll need to have:
- University Degree in Electrical Engineering or Civil Engineering focused on transportation engineering
- Registered with PEO as a Professional Engineer or EIT
- Proven hands-on experience in preparation of municipal engineering drawings
- Working knowledge of Ontario Traffic Manuals, HTA, Ontario Electrical Safety Code, TAC and MUTCDC.
- Proficiency with engineering software including AutoCAD and Microstation. Experience in AutoTurn, Autolux, Synchro, and AGI32 lighting design software will be an asset
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team delivering various projects in complexity and size/scope
- Strong interpersonal communications skills applicable both internally with project delivery staff as well as externally with project partners (clients, consultants, contractors and regulatory authorities)
- Familiarity with the Canadian Electrical Code and OPSD/OPSS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Occasional travel is a requirement
We are currently in a work from home model during COVID-19, but when we do return to the office we're located on the 3rd floor of 8133 Warden Avenue, our Markham office in the Remington Corporate Centre is situated in the heart of Canada’s High-Tech Capital, Downtown Markham. This fast growing, master-planned community is immersed with public art, landscaped green space and a truly unique mix of amenities, seamlessly connected to public transit and major roadways. The neighbourhood is evolving into York Region’s premier hub of culture, education, commerce and entertainment. The office is in close proximity to the Markham Pan Am Centre, Unionville Go Station, and York University’s new Markham Centre campus opening in 2021. As one of IBI Group’s newest offices, the facility reflects the most up to date standards and design technology for an inviting and productive workspace, all to better serve clients of the region.
Our employees enjoy our small office feel and all the perks of a big office support system. You’ll have direct access to management while benefitting from our enthusiastic and helpful organizational resources team. The floors are open concept and creative and represent our collaborative approach to projects. As a global architecture, engineering and technology design firm, IBI Group also has offices across the country, continent and world.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are proud to support the growth and equality of our people through initiatives like our Mentorship Program, Global Women’s Network, and Diversity & Inclusion Council. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, race, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record. #ibi
We request applicants submit RESUME AND PORTFOLIO highlighting relevant work experience. Please limit PDF files to 10MB
calendar_today2 days ago