Ocean Import Agent (BB-1E050)
Found in: Talent CA
- Ensure smooth and timely freight process flow
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry into our operational system
- Track and Trace Ocean Import Files
- Use Ocean Import Wokflow Monitor on a daily basis
- Ensure documents are timely sent to customer or broker for customs purposes.
- Ensure accurate and timely client and vendors billing.
- Interact with our customers in arranging their international shipments, meeting customer service standards.
- Contribute to maintain good relationships with suppliers (Shipping lines, trucking companies and others involved).
- Meet compliance at all times to regulations internal and external in accordance with government regulations.
- Understand department process flow, and looking for best practices to improve operational efficiency and productivity
- Ensure all customers standard operating procedures in place and updated in customer SOP.
- Meet KPI standards in accordance with the Company’s procedures
- Overseas communications, timely responses to emails and requests (internal and external)
- Escalation of problems to Management when necessary
- Promote compliance in diligently following all company policies and regulations and performing the task at hand with oustanding integrity and pride.
- Meets company standards of 52 hours training per year per employee.
- Attend training classes when required.
- Complete mandatory training when required.
- Promote compliance in diligently following all company policies and regulations and performing the task at hand with outstanding integrity and pride.
- Adhere to the company’s 10 cultural attributes: Appearance, Attitude, Confidence, Curiosity, Excellence, Integrity, Pride, Resolute, Sense of Humor, and Visionary.
- Understanding of ocean documentation process a plus
- Hazardous Materials certification (preferred)
- Understanding of Expeditors systems and procedures
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate and concisely obtain positive results
- Pro-active and strong organizational skills
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Fluent in English and French
- Positive and willing to help attitude
Successful candidate must pass the company's defined background check.
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- RRSP Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
calendar_today4 days ago