Entrepreneurship Coordinator (contract) (BB-B70B9)
Found in: Talent CA
Vaughan is a city on the move. With a downtown core rising from the ground – the Vaughan Metropolitan Centre, a state-of-the-art hospital opening its doors in 2021 – the Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital, and a bustling subway, exciting projects are transforming the community. Be a part of something amazing and build your career at the City of Vaughan.
The City of Vaughan is an equal opportunity employer serving one of the fastest-growing municipalities in Canada, we are an organization committed to diversity and inclusivity, providing a thriving work environment, excellent benefits, learning and growth opportunities and a place where collaboration and teamwork are fostered. As one of the , we continuously employ workplace best-practices – and they’re getting noticed! Excellence demands brilliant personalities, visionary thinking and a passion for public service. Vaughan is your place to grow.
Reporting to the Manager of Small Business and Entrepreneurship in the Economic and Cultural Development Department, responsible for the coordination, implementation, and delivery of Vaughan Business Enterprise Centre (VBEC) entrepreneurship programs, including those supported by the Province of Ontario/Ontario Network of Entrepreneurs. The Coordinator attracts participants and delivers programming by working with stakeholders, internal departments, program speakers, mentors, trainers, and program participants. The successful candidate will assist entrepreneurs with program applications through business consulting, including business planning, responding to business inquiries, providing advise on business structure, and various resources available to entrepreneurs, and assists with business registrations. They administer, organize and provide training and mentorship including, but not limited to, organizing seminars and events, delivering training, publicizing program schedules, booking resources as required, maintaining appropriate data and contact information for each participant, and the preparation of program related reports, briefing notes, and memos.
Entrepreneurship Program Support
• Responsible for providing assistance to the Manager and the Small Business Advisors with office and project coordination, and customer service and administrative functions/services including Master Business License registration.
• Execute program delivery in compliance with the requirements of funding partners, per the direction of the Manager, including program budget tracking.
• Assist with the development and reporting on program grant proposals, marketing and operating plans and procedures, service standards, and goals for programming.
• Contribute to the development of entrepreneurship programs, services and projects, assuring quality of instruction, appropriate selection and development of facilitators and administrators, contributing to the Small Business and Entrepreneurship branch's Key Performance Indicators.
• Provide business analysis and assessment of program participants' financial statements, and marketing/operational strategies and activities and provides targeted recommendations and strategic advice for business improvement.
• Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure successful program delivery at all stages for the program participant: application; vetting; granting (when necessary); mentorship; and completion.
• Assist with the creation, maintenance and implementation of marketing strategies and collateral including the distribution of material to appropriate internal or external offices and stakeholders.
Interactions with Others
• Responsible for delivering optimal customer service, with efficient and effective response times and current/accurate information by ensuring accuracy, accessibility, clarity, and consistency in customer service.
• Conduct in-depth one-on-one business consultation and provide information to program participants who wish to establish or expand a business that will contribute to Vaughan's economy.
• Liaise with similar small business development organizations, governmental and educational agencies, as required, in order to be aware of existing programs and opportunities that will assist small business development and success for program applicants and participants.
• Attends and represents the City at Provincial and Regional Business Enterprise Centre network meetings, and information sessions, as required.
Qualifications and Experience
• University Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economic Development or suitable equivalent.
• Minimum of two (2) years related experience. Experience with program or event implementation is an asset.
• Knowledge and/or experience in governmental organizations.
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal, problem solving and written/oral communication skills.
• Ability to deal knowledgeably and courteously with the general public and staff.
• Experience with proposal development and implementation.
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of, or demonstrated ability in, the City’s core competencies and relevant functional competencies
• A valid Ontario ‘G’ driver’s license, in good standing, with access to a reliable vehicle for corporate use.
• Ability to work outside normal business hours, as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please be advised, the City of Vaughan uses email to communicate with applicants for open job competitions.
The City of Vaughan is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The City of Vaughan is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
calendar_today3 days ago