Regional Lead Imaging Engineer (BB-18610)
Found in: Talent CA
Reporting to the Global Imaging Manger/Architect, the Regional Lead Imaging Engineer will be responsible for looking after a small team of Imaging engineers. The Lead is responsible for mentoring the team and ensuring colour accuracy and consistency through the VFX pipelines deployed at multiple VFX facilities across multiple locations on North Amercia
This is a varied role supporting MPCs colour pipeline and delivering solutions for a range of colour management and image engineering issues.
- Mentoring the North America Imaging team
- Client facing duties including attending meetings with clients to discuss show specific colour management requirements, address problems and design solutions
- Look after colour management issues as part of the global imaging team
- Implement colour pipelines for film VFX
- Deal with a range of colour space conversions
- Maintain various software tools used by the department
- Manage and carry out projector calibrations
- Support the operation of screening rooms
- Evaluate new display technolgies
- Deep understanding of colour science including colour spaces, matrix operations, lookup tables and use of instrumentation
- Experience with colour managing VFX applications including Nuke, RV, Photoshop, Katana, Silhouette
- Strong knowledge of and experience with calibration procedure (monitors and projectors)
- Familiarity with differing display technologies
- Linux knowledge preferred
- Experience with video engineering, scripting and python is an asset
- Familiarity with video streaming a plus
- Proven experience in video engineering or colour management in the film industry
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A strong work ethic
- Ability to manage a small team
- Capability to learn and adapt quickly
- Ability to understand client approval process
- Ability to successfully delegate and manage projects
- Ability to create, manage and work as part of a team
- Ability to manage a time-sensitive workload with an urgent and extremely organized manner
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
calendar_today2 days ago