Technicien en groupes électrogènes - Force de Réserve
Found in: JobillicoCA
Looking for full-time or part-time work? We are hiring and providing excellent career opportunities.
Consult this list to find out what trades are available in your area:
By applying for this job, you are applying for a MILITARY JOB.
Electrical generating systems technicians provide electric power generation services to operational units. Their duties consist of installing, operating, maintaining and repairing mobile generator units and associated control devices.
Before applying, it is strongly recommended to look at the online descriptive information as well as the video for your selected trade:
- Install, operate, maintain and repair mobile electrical generators and associated control equipment
- Install, operate, maintain and repair power plant electrical generators and associated control equipment
- Install, operate and maintain engine prime movers associated with equipment driven by Construction Engineers
- Install, operate, maintain and repair Static Uninterruptable Power Systems and Rotary Uninterruptable Power Systems
- Overhaul electrical generation systems and equipment
- Produce designs and specifications
- Produce mechanical and electrical drawings
- Perform brazing/welding and machining work
In most cases, Reserve Force members serve on a part-time basis within a military unit in their community and may perform evening and weekend service, while in school or in civilian employment. They may also serve by holding full-time positions within certain units for a specific period. They are paid during their instruction. They are not subjected to military assignments or relocations. However, they can volunteer to move to another base or to deploy in Canada or abroad on military missions. They make an important contribution to the success of military operations at home and abroad.
Salary increases according to the rank and experience of the member according to the pay rates. To learn more about the pay rates:
• Pension plan
• Dental coverage up to 90%, three months after being hired
• Continuing education
• Tuition fees reimbursed up to 8 000 $
• Uniform and equipment provided
• Flexible work schedule that adapts to your school schedule or your civil work
• Full time summer job from May 1st to August 31st
Les exigences minimales pour s'enrôler au sein des Forces armées canadiennes sont les suivantes :
• Avoir entre 16 et 51 ans
• Avoir la citoyenneté canadienne
• Avoir obtenu au moins 24 unités de secondaire 4 et/ou 5 et/ou d'un programme d'études professionnelles (DEP); OU Avoir obtenu une attestation d'équivalence de niveau secondaire (AENS-TENS); OU Avoir acquis le General Educational Development (GED)
calendar_today1 day ago