Found in: Talent CA
Description:We have an exciting opportunity as a Clinical Pharmacist within our Lower Mainland Pharmacy Services located at Chilliwack General Hospital where you can showcase your clinical hospital pharmaceutical skills
Located 100 kilometres east of Vancouver, Chilliwack's natural surroundings, rural setting and thriving agricultural, commercial and industrial economy have drawn many to its family-oriented neighborhoods.
Its mountains, lakes and rivers provide beautiful settings for many outdoor activities such as fishing, hiking, camping, boating, kayaking and golfing.The area is also home to thriving First Nations communities.
Chilliwack is a 30-minute drive from Abbotsford International Airport.
Abbotsford International Airport, is the fastest growing airport in western Canada with one hour flights to Calgary and Edmonton Alberta.Get to know Lower Mainland Pharmacy Services
We are a collaboration of four premier health employers Fraser Health, Provincial Health Services, Providence and Vancouver Coastal Health and provide an integrated approach to pharmaceutical care and service excellence patients, residents and clients committed to investing in your professional development in creating an environment where you can advance your career.As a Clinical Pharmacist you will work to provide the following services to our patients:
- Individualized patient medication therapy
- Counselling patient on their medication therapy
- Work in collaboration with physicians, nurses and other health care providers to develop and discuss therapeutic plans
- Assist in the development of drug therapy guidelines for individual disease conditions
- Prepare written summaries and recommendations on drug usage that are shared with other members of your team or working committees
- Gives items such as case studies and articles for submission to professional journals
- Acts as department resource person within your assigned area and participate in medication use evaluations and clinical drug trials
- Provides mentorship and supervision to pharmacy students and residents
- Collaborative work environment with family physicians, nurse practitioners and specialists
Additionally, we would depend on your expertise to ensure that prescriptions are validated and you would identify safety concerns working with the health care team to resolve discrepancies or problems; documenting discussions or modifications to the medication therapy and dispensing medications.To join our team you have:
- Current registration as a Pharmacist with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia
- Completion of an accredited Hospital Pharmacy Residency Program
- A career that offers you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields
- Competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage
We aim to build an environment where you love the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you.
From the financial advisor handling our health care resources, to the IT professional enabling life-saving data, to the nurse and physician on the front line of patient care, everyone plays a role in the care continuum.Together, we create great workplaces.
Apply now to join our diverse team
ONE TEAM, BEST PHARMACY CARE, BETTER LIVES
calendar_today 2 days ago