Found in: Talent CA
Licensed Automotive Technician and or Heavy-Duty Technician
OK Tire Kelowna Airport (YLW) is opening a brand-new location at the Kelowna International Airport. With a top-notch brand-new facility and the most up to date technology in the industry, we invite you to come join a team that is dedicated to working with you to develop your career. We are a company that is committed to offering exceptional customer service, quality workmanship and is equally dedicated to its team of exceptional professionals. Our goal is to help develop careers not just jobs. The lure of the Okanagan lifestyle, brand new facilities and a great work family environment can offer you the career development opportunity you have been looking for.
About the Job:
Our Automotive Technicians are responsible for a variety of duties relating to the preventative maintenance and repair of vehicles. Experienced diagnostic specialist with Mercedes experience is considered an asset. Farm Equipment or Heavy Duty experience an asset
The Key Responsibilities:
- Strong diagnostic skills with 3 years Technician experience required.
- Road testing motor vehicles and test automotive systems and components for diagnostic of issues.
- Perform automotive repairs efficiency, safety, and accurately, including, but not limited to, front-end, engine repair, tune-ups, brake systems, transmission, oil changes.
- Review all repairs with Manager Shop Forman/Service Manager prior to executing repairs.
- Notify Manager Shop Foreman/Service Manager if any unforeseen issues arise.
- Assist other team members with repairs/maintenance, tire and wheel work as required.
- Note any other repair, maintenance, or safety concerns observed on customer vehicles and advise service advisor
- Must have own tools.
- Ensure work area is kept neat and tidy including cleaning/sweeping daily. Dispose of used items in appropriate recycling areas and notify Manager Shop Foreman/Service Manager when removal is required.
- Provide explanation and diagnosis of repairs needed, when required to do so.
- Ensure the customer's vehicle is kept clean and free from any damages while in our possession.
- Take ownership of your repairs and strive to ensure all necessary components are completed to ensure customer satisfaction and zero return-defects.
- This is a Full-time position, 8 hours a day with a 1⁄2 hour unpaid meal break
- Employees are provided with appropriate shirt/slacks and are required all safety apparel
- Follow all Health & Safety requirements
- Must be willing to work weekends and overtime when required.
- Must have a valid drivers license and provide copy for employee file.
- Strong diagnostic skills with 3 years licensed experience required
- Have ability to diagnose the cause of vehicle malfunction and perform repairs as authorized in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate and document any other repair, maintenance, or safety concerns observed on customer vehicles and advise service advisor.
- Must be highly organized with strong attention to detail. Willingness to learn.
- Fuel Injection & Diesel Engine Tune-Up certificates/licenses an asset
- Knowledge or experience with furnaces/pumps/hydraulics/electronics, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration certificates/licenses an asset
- Knowledge of drive-trains, diesel and gasoline engines, complex electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems,
- Metal fabrication and welding experience.
- Able to take direction and complete tasks as assigned,
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team. A positive attitude and willingness to work with apprentices is a must
- Able to multi-task and handle multiple priorities throughout the daily routine
- Physically capable of lifting and moving items up to 50 lbs.
- Must be available to work full-time, 5 days a week + overtime when require.
- Must be available for afterhours on call shared rotation.
DL License & Security Requirements
- Possession of a valid (unrestricted and non-graduated) Canadian provincial driver's license.
- Ability to work on a permanent basis in Canada
- Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a Kelowna Airport, Security Clearance and Airport Restricted Area Identification Card
- Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a Kelowna Airport, Airside Vehicle Operators Permit
Wage range $70,000-$85,000 per year (Based on hourly)
Benefits - Offering a competitive compensation package
Powered by JazzHR
calendar_today 4 days ago
Job Description · We are currently seeking an Automotive Technician to become an integral part of our team You will di ...
Mechyannick Automotive Clinic - Squamish - Whatjobs CAPremium
Journeyman Automotive TechnicianMaple Ridge Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAMMaple Ridge, British Columbia · Maple Ridge Chrysler ...
AutoCanada Inc. - maple ridge - Glassdoor CA Premium
At Midas, we are a Vancouver Island family owned and operated business looking to add to our dedicated team in beautiful ...
Midas Victoria - 9986 - Brentwood Bay - Talent CA
At Midas, we are dedicated to providing quality services to customer vehicles in the areas of inspection, diagnosis, and ...
Midas Victoria - 9986 - Brentwood Bay - Talent CA
Job Description · Automotive Service Technician Specific Skills: Road test motor vehicles and test automotive systems ...
Alliance HR&I - Vancouver - Talent CA