Business Intelligence Engineer
Found in: Talent CA
Are you a Business Intelligence Engineer looking for an opportunity to help underserved customers? The Underserved Populations (UP) team is looking for a BIE to use analytical solutions to deepen our collective understanding of customers and their experience on Amazon, with a goal to influence the team's innovation and deliver actionable insights.
The person in this role will:
- Work closely with cross-functional teams as well as UP tech and business
- Use analytic tools and languages and present analytical results and insights using multiple methods, including written summaries and visualization/reporting tools
- Build scalable solutions/self-serve platforms that will provide data/KPIs to inform business decision making
- Identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present written business recommendations that will help shape the tech, business, and marketing roadmap.
- Develop a thorough understanding of customer behavior, competitive product trends, and business drivers to inform decision making
- Analyze key insight trends and build models that predict customer behavior, using statistical rigor to simplify and provide thought leadership to tech, product, and marketing groups
- Collaborate with finance, product, and tech management as a leader of ongoing analytical support
- Collect, analyze and share data to help product teams drive improvement in key business metrics and customer experience
- Propose and prioritize changes to reporting and create additional metrics and processes based on program changes and customer requirements
· Bachelor's degree in math, statistics, computer science, or finance or equivalent experience.
· 4+ years of professional experience in data modeling / advanced business analytics
· Experience in ETL and databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
· Knowledge of SQL and experience with efficient processing of large data sets
· Knowledge of columnar databases like Redshift and Vertica; Understand database optimization
· Experience in designing and building data infrastructure/automated reporting tools (Tableau)
· Experience in advanced business/customer analytics
· Experience conveying key insights from complex analysis in summarized business terms
· Demonstrated experience delivering actionable insight for a consumer business
· Programming language (e.g Python) is a plus
· Experience with Big Data solutions as well as other AWS solutions such as Athena and QuickSight
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Ability to create extensible and scalable data schema that lay the foundation for downstream analysis
· A clear passion for learning new BI skills and techniques independently and continuously
· Outstanding business acumen, a restlessness to answer "why?" questions.
· Excellent technical skills and analytical abilities
· Superior written and verbal communication skills
· The ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams.
· Comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big, and enjoy working in a dynamic environment.
calendar_today 2 days ago
DESCRIPTION · The Supply Chain Optimization Technology (SCOT) owns Amazon's global inventory planning and fulfillment ...
Amazon - Vancouver - Talent CA
Description · Arcurve is one of North Americas leading full-service technology, advisory and software development comp ...
Arcurve Inc. - Vancouver - Talent CA
AWS Marketplace is looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Engineer to partner closely with external customers ...
AbeBooks - Vancouver - Talent CA