Junior Developer/Systems Analyst
Found in: Talent CA
The Junior Developer/Systems Analyst works with developers, IT administrators and 3rd party vendors enabling integration between the development team and the operations team. The Junior Developer/Systems Analyst will also be responsible for maintaining and evolving automation and software development tools with the Development teams. Further, this role is required to actively participate in the development of internal applications or scripts allowing for the automation and constant evolution of solutions. The Junior Developer/Systems Analyst will also participate in building and maintaining tools for deployment, monitoring daily operations, troubleshooting and resolving issues in development, quality control, staging and production environments. An excellent learning opportunity for entry into DevOps.
• Support application infrastructure to ensure platforms are optimized for performance and reliability
• Provide architectural input for system design to improve scalability, reliability and adaptability of infrastructure
• Deploy and maintain system automation technologies to streamline operations.
• Maintain and enhance core or shared components of the product as well as internal tools. Work closely with the software development team and other parts of the organization to provide a robust, flexible and scalable platform that enables both product development and new service offerings
• Ensure processes adapt and evolve to reflect current and future best practices.
• Work in cooperation with Security Team to coordinate and resolve vulnerabilities found during quarterly scans
• Work in cooperation with the Development Teams to ensure the management, maintenance and evolution of the solutions for the Application Lifecycle Management
• Participate actively in the development of back-office solutions supporting the continuity of services
• Identify opportunities to optimize the code/scripts, infrastructure, tools and initiatives enabling the increase in efficiency and productivity of the development teams
• Evolve the DevOps mandate within the business while following good operational IT practices and by favoring the collaborative approach
• Offer training and guidance in the deployment of tools and new concepts
• Manage incident response protocol and provide hands-on support to ensure resolution during major service interruptions
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or College diploma in Computer Science with relevant work experience or equivalent
• Minimum of 2 years of software development experience
• System administration, systems configuration experience in a large-scale, high-traffic, redundant, cloud-based PaaS/SaaS environment
• Experience with:
o MySQL – an asset
o SQL – an asset
o TFS (Team Foundation Server) – an asset
• Experience in multiple script languages (e.g. Powershell, VBScript)
• Experience with Infrastructure Security and addressing vulnerability reports – an asset
• Direct experience in the development of compile scripts and integrations by APIs of third-party applications
• Direct hands-on experience in the configuration, virtualization and support of Windows and Linux systems (an asset)
• Experience with Hyper-V (an asset)
• Experience with VMware (an asset)
An excellent learning opportunity for entry into DevOps this is a permanent position located in Toronto, ON with an annual salary of $70,000.00 – $77,000.00 per annum.
calendar_today 4 days ago
Junior Business Systems Analyst · Toronto, Ontario · Position Summary · Junior Business Systems Analyst will be par ...
Brookfield - Toronto - Whatjobs CAPremium
We are a global architecture, engineering, planning, and technology firm defining the cities of tomorrow. · By connect ...
IBI Group - Toronto - Jooble CA
Job Description · IBI Group is seeking a professional Business Analyst / Technical Writer to join our expanding Travele ...
IBI Group - Toronto - Talent CA
Why join Minto? · We are an award-winning, fully integrated real estate company - proudly creating better places for p ...
Minto Group - Toronto - Talent CA