Registered Nurse/Registered Psychiatric Nurse, Community Mental Health & Substance Use Services (SMH)
Found in: Talent CA
Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you We have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse/Registered Psychiatric Nurse, Community Mental Health & Substance Use Services in our Homeless Outreach program at Surrey Memorial Hospital.Fraser Health is one of Canada's largest and fastest growing health authorities.
With over 25,000 employees, 2,500 physicians and nearly 6,500 volunteers, we serve more than 1.6 million people - over one third of the entire population in British Columbia.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC's first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley.
Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We have a positive and compassionate work environment where you can bring your real passion for nursing to the role and be part of our rapidly thriving team.Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting team.
Build on your career experience by:
- Providing treatment and implementing plans to individuals with mental illness and/or concurrent disorders
- Coordinating care for clients by consulting and collaborating with interprofessional care team based on client needs
- Assisting clients to access appropriate services in the community
- Promoting and supporting clients to manage self care
- Providing crisis intervention, individual counselling and education
- Acting as a client advocate to protect and promote client's right to autonomy, respect, privacy, dignity, and access to information
- Participating in research and quality improvement activities Your background includes:
- Graduation from an approved school of Nursing or Psychiatric Nursing
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse and/or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- Recent 2 years' related experience providing treatment services to individuals with mental health and/or concurrent disorders
- May require completion of substance use certificate program
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver's Licence and access to personal vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage
Surrey is one of Canada's fastest growing cities and its land mass makes it the largest city in the province.
Known as the City of Parks, Surrey has over 6,000 acres of parkland and 15 golf courses and driving ranges.
Despite rapid growth, Surrey has held onto the rural flavour of its past, with about 35 per cent of its land designated as agricultural and still actively farmed.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are experts in their respective fields.We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Be a part of our dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and rewarding role
Take the next step and apply, so we can chat about you joining Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
calendar_today 3 days ago
Do you have a passion for nursing? Do you have a clinical background with training and experience in Mental Health/Psych ...
Fraser Health Career - Surrey - Talent CA