Found in: Talent CA
The Legal Assistant role requires a unique blend of skills and experience providing general and administrative support in our Corporate Group. The position will require a confident, reliable and business-minded assistant with the ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to changing priorities.
The successful candidate will be organized, discreet, detail-oriented, and have a client-first approach to work. In addition, the successful applicant must be team-oriented and accustomed to working as a work team with other assistants. Generally, the hours of work are from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with some flexibility required to meet client needs; pre-authorized overtime may be required.
• Drafting, preparing and proofreading correspondence, accounts and various transactional documents and forms.
• Entering and maintaining lawyer's dockets and coordinating with the Accounting Department, when necessary; preparing detailed billings.
• Dealing with and responding to client inquiries expeditiously and conducting follow up; keeping the lawyers apprised of interactions in their absence.
• Opening, maintaining and putting away files, and maintaining precedent systems using the Firm protocol for knowledge management.
• Processing incoming and outgoing mail, including maintenance of email accounts and managing bring forwards.
• Preparing and updating cheque requisitions and expense reports.
• Updating and maintaining client/matter lists and current client contact records electronically to meet Dentons' requirements.
• General administrative duties such as scheduling appointments and meetings, photocopying materials, booking meeting rooms, making travel arrangements, etc.; working with other related Departments/services internally to provide documents and other materials on time to meet client needs.
• Maintaining and organizing files, both electronic and hard copy as required.
• Demonstrating a team approach; supporting and standing in for colleagues to cover absences; ensuring strict adherence to confidentiality; accountability in relation to both internal and external clients to achieve outputs and goals for the Department and the Firm.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Post-secondary education in business or related discipline. Legal Administration and/or Law Clerk Diploma preferred.
• Solid work experience in a legal environment with working knowledge of corporate law. Preference will be given to previous experience gained within a large firm environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of procedures, with a sound understanding of corporate transaction documents.
• Passion for working in a team environment, willing to help others and comfortable with sharing work assignments.
• Ability to produce a high quality and quantity of work, occasionally under tight timelines.
• Able to meet deadlines, work well under pressure and take initiative using sound judgment.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
• Excellent technical proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Knowledge of accounting/docketing systems and data management systems (i.e. Elite and iManage).
• Excellent organizational/follow up skills; attention to detail, proof reading and accuracy are required.
• Professional client and telephone manner and a proven track record of working with confidential information.
• Must have excellent problem solving skills, the ability to work with little instruction or supervision and be internally motivated.
• Professionalism demonstrated with colleagues, clients both in person and conversing by phone.
• Strong grammatical skills, including punctuation and proofreading, attention to detail and accuracy are a must.
• Demonstrated commitment to privacy and ethical conduct.
*We thank all applicants who apply, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Statement
calendar_today 5 days ago
Salary range is $65,000-$70,000 Permeant position This role requires someone senior who has either a strong finan ...
Turtle Island Staffing - Ottawa - Talent CA
Description Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bri ...
Stantec - Ottawa - Talent CA
Paralegal Legal Assistant - 210001X6 · Description · Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team th ...
Fidanto - Ottawa - Fidanto CA Premium
Description · Bilingual Legal Assistant · The Team · Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP is currently seeking a Bil ...
Disputes and Litigation - Ottawa - Talent CA