Found in: Talent CA
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone's friendly and helps each other out? That's like Grant Thornton.Except here we're all professionals and there isn't a mayor or a general store.
What we're trying to say is that we're a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community.
We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live.That's what's most important to us. We're building a thriving organization that's purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
As a Manager in Tax your responsibilities will include:
- Review of income tax returns for high net worth individuals, corporations, estates and trusts.
- Analysis, planning and implementation of reorganizations of private companies and other assets, including sale of privately-held business
- Estate and succession planning for high net worth clients
- Post-mortem estate planning
- Overseeing multiple client engagements across various industries
- Providing significant input into broader innovations for the service line to anticipate clients' requirements
- Assisting business development management for target industries and sectors and supporting client business requirements in new and innovative ways
- Participating in the overall development of the Grant Thornton brand through internal and external activities and knowledge of industry
- Coaching more junior advisory team members and ensuring a meaningful performance review process
- Leveraging technical proficiency to advise and guide team members at lower levels
- Attending client and stakeholder meetings with the Tax team
- Assisting the Partners and Managers with strategy and implementation of strategy
- Preparing and review files for Partner
- Help identify and generate new business opportunities
- Be an active part of the professional services community of British Columbia
If you're a bit like us, you're driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action.
Just imagine being part of a team that puts "we before me", where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back.At Grant Thornton, you'll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally.
This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are.And when all this comes together, well that's when the magic happens
At Grant Thornton we're focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities.That's our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
calendar_today 3 days ago
Your opportunity · Our BC Interior (Kelowna, Vernon & Cranbrook) offices are looking for a Manager to join the Domest ...
BDO Canada - Kelowna - Talent CA
Overview · You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a bett ...
KPMG - Kelowna - Talent CA
Meaningful relationships with virtually limitless professional opportunity. · BDO Canada LLP, a Canadian limited liabil ...
BDO - Kelowna - Whatjobs CAPremium