Medical Microbiologist (BB-C20C4)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 350 collection centres, 16 laboratories and service over 20 million patients each year.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team - We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 5,700 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
This is an exciting time to join our LifeLabs team, grow your career with us and support numerous business initiatives, innovations, best practice and business development opportunities.
We are seeking a Medical Microbiologist with expertise in Molecular Diagnostics. The successful candidate will work in Ontario, LifeLabs laboratory with four Medical Microbiologists and other members of the Microbiology team. We are looking for a candidate who will bring on and/or develop new molecular opportunities and provide laboratory guidance in Bacteriology, Mycology and Parasitology.
The candidate will join an inter-disciplinary Medical-Scientific team, comprised of MDs and PhDs in Microbiology, Hematology, Chemistry and Pathology. The candidate will also work in close partnership with Laboratory Operations, IT, and Quality and Regulatory Affairs to assure quality results are achieved and maintained on a daily basis.
Major responsibilities will include:
- Provision of diagnostic and technical expertise in Molecular testing to ensure quality performance and accurate results
- Verification and validation of new tests
- Daily laboratory rounds and provincial laboratory and clinical consult service
- Drafting and reviewing of standard operating procedures and quality control policies
- Participation in accreditation reviews
- Teaching for visiting students, residents, and fellows
- Microbiology on call duties Applicant should have an MD or equivalent, be certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in Medical Microbiology and be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
The successful candidate should have experience in Molecular Diagnostics, demonstrate effective communication and leadership skills, and work well in a team-orientated environment. Experience in the development of laboratory-developed tests is an asset.
calendar_today1 day ago
work Life Labs