Reflections on Blogging, Trying to Get My Mojo Back and A Few Other Things
My life has been pretty tumultuous in the last year. A broken marriage, drama at the start-up I’ve been working with and a move to a city where I don’t know a soul. You’d think I’d have plenty to write about, but I just haven’t been able to get my head into the game. One of my tricks for finding inspiration is to use a blog idea generator. I just used one where I had to put in three nouns to write about (life, me and house). Yup. My imagination is that dry. None of the topics that came up even made sense, but the last one made me laugh out loud.
Think You're Cut Out for Doing Me? Take This Quiz
Immediately after, I came across this pic of me on Halloween. HA! Is the universe trying to tell me something?
Okay, so that made me think of what questions might get included in the quiz. Never mind. I’m not going to do that!
So, I decided to use the idea generator again using the same words. Here’s what I got:
1. Ten Things Your Competitors Can Teach You About Life - Hmm, I might be able to work with that.
2. How to Solve the Biggest Problems with Me - I somehow feel the need to tell the idea generator where to go.
3. Tools Everyone in The House Industry Should Be Using - Okay, I could change the word house to real estate, since that makes sense and write about that.
4. Why We Love Life (And You Should, Too!) - Who is we? I thought it was all about me!
5. Think You're Cut Out for Doing Me? Take This Quiz - Oh dear. Not again!
As I re-examine the last set of titles, I realize there is a little tidbit in there after all. Play with a few words, and you've got a wisdom piece. Look! It's a mini listicle!
Ten Things Change Can Teach You About Life
1. You are as strong as you want to be.
2. Feeling sorry for yourself is a waste of energy.
3. Humour can be found in even the most frustrating circumstances.
4. You are in full control of your destiny.
5. You are in full control of your attitude. Happiness is as much a choice as misery.
6. Life is about choices. See the above point.
7. If you want your mojo back, you have to take it back.
8. When all hell breaks loose, do one healthy thing consistently. That’s a nice way of telling you to go work out or at least meditate daily.
9. No matter what is going on in your life, there are still many blessings left to be counted.
10. Change is the best catalyst for new opportunity.
Thank you to Hubspot for making me laugh today.
Renée Cormier is a public relations and communications professional who has her mojo back. Need help communicating information about your business? Contact me through my website!
Homemade Fireball Whiskey and Raisin Ice Cream · S ...
I really despise insincerity in people. I'd rather ...
You have no groups that fit your search