Six Marketing Moves That Save You Money!
“A man who stops advertising to save money is like a man who stops a clock to save time.” – Henry Ford
If you are of the opinion that marketing is expensive, then think again. There are many ways to conduct your marketing efforts that can save you a bundle. Foregoing them, however, is very expensive! Read on to see what you can do to maximize your marketing efforts without going broke!
1. Follow a Plan: Not having a marketing plan will cause you to waste a lot of time and money. Having a plan and not following it is even worse! A plan helps you keep your efforts focused and meaningful. Trust me, you want every move you make to count and you want to have a clear set of directions with timelines to help you accomplish everything in an expedient fashion. Your plan should also include evaluation methods and a competitive analysis so you can really develop a strong strategy around achieving your objectives.
2. Have a Strategy: While we’re on the subject, this seems like a no-brainer but most businesses go about their daily marketing without giving any formal thought to strategy. That is actually a deadly mistake. You will have to work so much harder and will waste a lot of time if you don’t have a clear and focused plan, strategy and tactics built into your marketing efforts.
3. Build Value Into Your Strategy: You can save money on marketing by trying to accomplish several goals with one move. For example, you can build both brand awareness and increase social media engagement at the same time by employing a variety of tactics such as holding contests or leveraging the social power of brand ambassadors and influencers.
4. Conduct Market Research: Remember the saying, “A stitch in time saves nine.” It’s a bit trite, but it still holds true. Doing your pre-work effectively, will allow you to maximize the results of your other marketing efforts. If cost is really worrisome, then you should know that there are many affordable online tools that can help you with market research and other efforts.
5. Hire a Contractor/ Freelancer: Don’t let the hourly rate deter you. Freelancers like me work harder and longer than any employee ever will. We don’t charge you for breaks and your deadline matters a lot to us. We rely on you to be ecstatic with our work so you will have quality all the way. In the end, you will actually save money. Also, if your freelancer has a broad skill set, then you will be able to rely on her expertise for more than just one type of work. For example, I write copy, press releases, manage social media, create marketing content, write plans and so much more. That kind of expertise gives you a lot more bang for your buck.
6. Use Automated Social Media Tools: Automated social media tools like My Tweetpack don’t actually cost very much and can save you so much time. Since time is money, you should always consider the value of being able to load quality content and just have it cycle through social media channels such as Twitter. Paying for someone’s time to do it manually, could get very costly.
Never overlook your marketing efforts thinking you will save more money if you just don’t bother. The time you spend building your brand and your reputation through various marketing channels is well worth it. Those efforts contribute to the goodwill value of your company which is important when you are looking for investors or buyers. You will also get to enjoy the benefit of all the leads and sales those efforts will generate.
Need help with your marketing communications? Contact me through my website.
Few public relations & communications specialists have as diverse a background as Renée Cormier. Add published author, employee engagement specialist, sales and marketing strategist, entrepreneur and educator to her list of accomplishments. In her career Renée has held leadership roles in sales and marketing, developed and implemented national marketing strategies and was responsible for teams as large as 28 strong. She brings a wide range of experience and talent to her work.
Renée really shines in marketing communications. She is known for developing and implementing comprehensive communications strategies and generating results through flawless implementation. With such strong business acumen, passion for her work and a natural talent for business strategy, Renée is definitely considered an important resource for her clients. Is your business in transition? Do you need help with your communications or public relations efforts? Contact Renée through her website.
Download my free e-booklet!
Raspberry Rica Ice Cream with Chocolate Shavings! ...
Now that more companies are hiring remote workers, ...
You have no groups that fit your search