Ten Really Cool Things Legally Blind People Can Now Do
It used to be that people with low vision and legal blindness would never have the opportunity to experience the world as sighted people do, but, hey, necessity is the mother of invention, isn’t it? Thanks to the vision (no pun intended) of Canadian engineer, Conrad Lewis and his team of superstars, those living with severely restricted vision can now do things they never dreamt possible.
Lewis is the founder of eSight Eyewear, a company that through years of hard work and research, developed a product that lets the legally blind actually see. eSight, is a device that fits like a pair of glasses but actually has an external camera and a high speed digital feed that displays on two high definition, OLED screens inside the glasses. The external camera auto-focuses on whatever the wearer is looking at and presents a high definition image in real time allowing the wearer to actually see as others do, without limiting their peripheral view. The glasses come with a controller that lets users adjust the settings to accommodate their unique visual needs, creating a rather moving and magical experience.
With that in mind, here are ten really cool life changing experiences the legally blind can now enjoy thanks to eSight Eyewear.
1. See your family members clearly. No more shadows, blurriness or distortions. With eSight, you can now see how beautiful your family is. You got your good looks and charm somewhere, after all!
2. Fearlessly walk across the street. There’s a lot to be said for knowing exactly where you are going and what you may be stepping in. Need I say more?
3. See what colour your baby’s eyes really are. Are they blue, brown, green or hazel? You will be able to see the difference and the bonus is when they stare lovingly into your eyes, your heart will really melt.
4. Play your favourite sports. Get ready to yell “fore” on the golf course. You’ll be able to see well enough to hit the ball and figure out where it landed. The last part is hard even for fully sighted people, so don’t despair if you lose track of the ball. That’s all part of the fun!
5. Watch movies and play games with your kids. It’s the little things sighted people take for granted. Watching movies with your family and friends, playing board games or cards with your kids is actually a pretty big deal, if you’ve never been able to do those things without assistance. Wearing your eSight glasses means you can enjoy movies without using described video and play all kinds of interactive games with your kids.
6. Watch the Leafs lose to Montreal. Depending on which side of the hockey rink you like to sit on, this may or may not be a good thing. Enjoy the experience, anyway.
7. Visit the Sistine Chapel and marvel at Michel Angelo’s work. You can also go to the Louvre to see the Mona Lisa. Either way, with eSight, you’ll be able to find out what all the fuss is about!
8. See how cute your daughter looks with her new braces. There’s nothing like being able to enjoy the smiles of all the people you love, with or without metal.
9. Look into your mother’s eyes and see how much she loves you. Knowing you’re loved is one thing. Actually seeing it in someone’s eyes is poetic.
10. Read Shakespeare’s Sonnet 18. Speaking of poetry, Sonnet 18 is a beautiful poem with an extra special interpretation for eSight users. “So long as men can breathe or eyes can see, so long lives this, and this gives life to thee.” Shakespeare was referring to his poetry, but one could argue that in a way, eSight gives life to its users.
Don’t believe me? Check out these stories on the eSight Eyewear website.
Few public relations & communications specialists have as diverse a background as Renée Cormier. Add published author, employee engagement specialist, sales and marketing strategist, entrepreneur and educator to her list of accomplishments. In her career Renée has held leadership roles in sales and marketing, developed and implemented national marketing strategies and was responsible for teams as large as 28 strong. She brings a wide range of experience and talent to her work.
Renée really shines in marketing communications. She is known for developing and implementing comprehensive communications strategies and generating results through flawless implementation. With such strong business acumen, passion for her work and a natural talent for business strategy, Renée is definitely considered an important resource for her clients.
Now that more companies are hiring remote workers, ...
I walked past an old tree a few weeks ago and it w ...
You have no groups that fit your search