Youth & Children's Worker
About Tani Jegede:
I have eight years of experience working with children and young people aged 3-18 in education, entertainment and well-being settings. I strive to tailor my work to children's individual needs and to maintain a warm, approachable and safe presence. I have just relocated to Canada from the UK and have a valid two-year work permit.
*All work experience has been in the United Kingdom unless stated otherwise.
January 2023 - May 2023
Office Administrator, Northway Special School (Full-Time)
- Managed the school’s calendar, including the diaries of senior staff.
- In charge of the school’s communication with parents, businesses and the local authorities through calls, letters and emails.
- Ensured the safety and security of 100+ students with severe special needs.
- Responsible for the upkeep and filing of financial records and sensitive data.
- Welcomed visitors at the reception desk.
January 2020 - December 2022
Primary School Teaching Assistant, Freelance (Part-Time)
- Provided educational and well-being support for pupils aged 3-11.
- Assisted pupils with special needs and behavioural problems with their learning and social conduct in one-to-one, small group and classroom settings.
- Stewarded break and lunch times, facilitating and encouraging safe and inclusive play among pupils.
- Agencies worked with: REESON Education, GSL Education and Protocol Education.
September 2021 - January 2022
History Presenter, History Riot (Part-Time)
- Led educational tours for primary school children around the Tower of London.
- Wrote historically accurate and humorous tour scripts.
- Delivered tours in character, as the historical figure Mary Fillis.
June 2021 - January 2022
Children’s Entertainer, Dazzle and Fizz (Part-Time)
- Presented parties for groups of 12 - 30 children.
- Livened parties up with balloon modelling, performing magic shows and MC’ing discos.
- Communicated with parents and assured them that their children are in good hands.
- Assisted children with additional needs and adapted activities to be inclusive of them.
April 2021 - July 2021
NTP Tutor, EM Tuition (Part-Time)
- Literacy tutor for the government’s national tutoring scheme to aid pupils whose education was impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Curated varied educational content and session plans, which were also inclusive of SEND children.
- Delivered daily lessons on reading and creative writing to small groups of children aged 5-9.
- Created and maintained detailed progress reports for each child.
March 2013 - Ongoing
Actress, Imperial Artists' Agency & Premiere Talent Management (Part-Time)
- Acted in a variety of professional productions, including a series of short films produced by the BBC in partnership with UNICEF to educate children about sustainability and ‘Much Ado,’ a modern Shakespeare remake and Winner of Best Feature at the London Independent Film Festival
- Separate acting CV available upon request.
March 2014 - August 2019
Leader at 'Impact Youth Group’
- Teaching performing arts workshops sessions.
- Mentoring youth one-on-one.
- Chaperoning residential summer camping trips.
- All for youth aged 11-19.
December 2017 - June 2019
St Thomas' ‘Junior Church’ Leader
- Led a group of (on average 12 - 24) 4-6-year-olds in Sunday School sessions.
- Taught core values at teaching time, nurtured their creativity with arts and crafts activities, fostered a safe play environment with games and kept them entertained with story-time.
- Ensured parent satisfaction by greeting and communicating with parents at drop-off and pick-up times.
- Room set-up and set-down.
January 2022 - December 2022 University of the West of England, Bristol
MA Screen Production: Screenwriting, graduated with Merit.
October 2016 – July 2019 Lancaster University
BA Hons degree in Film and Creative Writing, graduated with First Class Honours.
Professionals in the same Arts / Entertainment / Publishing sector as Tani Jegede
Professionals from different sectors near Vancouver, Metro Vancouver Regional District
Jobs near Vancouver, Metro Vancouver Regional District
CIMA+ Vancouver, BC, Canada Full time
Welcome to a place where people are at the heart of everything we do. · Welcome to people with an inspiring vision and who seek stimulating challenges. At CIMA+, you'll find a place where you'll hav ...
Superlative Drywall Ltd. Surrey, Canada
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate · Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years · Tasks · Supervise workers and projects · Co-ordinate and schedule activities · Train or arrange fo ...
Walmart Coquitlam, Canada Full time
What you'll do... · To provide exceptional customer service and assist in salesfloor operations in order to ensure a positive shopping experience and drive customer loyalty. Minimum Qualifications ...