Technical Support Tier 1 (BB-2B551)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
The Tier 1 Service Support reports to the Manager and performs service support related duties that are designated as routine requests for user access, such as remote user access and group/folder user access, for various users within assigned Health Authority (HA) in accordance with established procedures and working as part of the centralized environment of Technology Services, BCCSS. Enters predefined commands, utilizes provided tools and runs predefined computer scripts; inputs data into user account fields, logs designated client email requests into online form to create ticket; responds to standard client requests, checks that provided approvers are valid, and monitors email for client responses to request discrepancies; and refers problems to Manager or designate as needed or in accordance with procedures.
- Provides support of routine IT network access requests for user access, including remote access, group and/or folder access by methods such as entering predefined commands and utilizing provided tools to run predefined scripts in order to complete standard service requests. Refers problems to Manager or designate as needed.
- Logs user email requests, including batch and VPN requests that technical staff determined to be routine requests by entering request information into an online form in order to generate the ticket.
- Carries out routine customer access requests from ticketing queue, including prioritized requests by methods such as acknowledging receipt of the request within required time frames, utilizing established communication scripts, checking for completeness of requests and following-up on discrepancies such as using predefined tool to validate employee’s identity that access should be based upon, and checking that the approver is valid according to established criteria (i.e. noncontract Manager and above) and requesting a valid approver if needed). Monitors own email for client responses, provides standard service updates to clients, and refers problems to Manager or designate as required.
- Documents work, updates assigned ticket information with client provided information in accordance with departmental procedures. Maintains standard team procedures such as updating communication scripts and how to complete routine service requests by conferring with senior staff including technical and noncontract staff.
- Attends team meetings, participates in team discussions, and provides input and feedback on service support procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience
- Grade 12, successful completion of recognized courses related to computer operating systems and three (3) years’ recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, experience.
- Experience with Active Directory across multiple domains
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
What we do
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
This position is part of PHSA Talent on Demand – an in-house recruitment service providing talent to PHSA and other healthcare authorities. We manage a robust talent pool of service-minded professionals who are available to start work immediately. Talent on Demand creates a gateway for those who wish to achieve their career goals. Successful candidates will gain significant healthcare experience and can transition into long-term, permanent roles within PHSA. For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
calendar_today2 days ago