Community Marketing Specialist (BB-BB69F)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk CA
**Takes one minute to apply & you can interview right away - no cover letter required!**
START DATE: ASAP
Something made you click on this job post. Whether you're unemployed, unhappy in your current role, or just looking for a new challenge, this job description is for you.
We're here to help!
But first, a little about us.
NiceJob is the easiest way for local businesses to get the reputation they deserve. Our software gets you more reviews, referrals and sales, through automating your reputation marketing. We believe that if you're good at something, your work should just speak for itself. You shouldn't also have to be a marketing expert to get customers for it. We want to become the leading reputation marketing platform globally, through creating products that ensure that great work never goes unrecognized, unappreciated or unrewarded.
Since January 2018 (when we were just 2 employees, the Founder leading product and the VP of Growth leading… well... growth), NiceJob has grown to almost $3 million in annual recurring revenue. We now have 27 staff, have been listed as one of the fastest growing tech companies in BC, and were recognized as the top 2 startup by New Ventures BC. All without any outside funding, purely our own revenue, of which is cash-flow positive.
When you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, normally you don't ask what seat, you just get on. But here at NiceJob, we look for incredible talent at every level, hiring people who are looking for careers, not jobs. Innovation is our blood, and we're redefining what it means to grow and market a business. We're building a world where the businesses that truly care about their customers and do great work will win over those that don't.
Want your seat? Read on below.
Need more convincing? Learn more about careers at NiceJob here: https://get.nicejob.co/careers
The Role. The Goal.
It's very simple. Support growing our online presence within social communities and assist in construction of an expanded brand platform. Daily tasks will be structured to provide additional insights into the effectiveness of our initiatives while enhancing and diversifying workflow productivity.
Keep in mind, these are entirely subject to change based on where you get the most results. It's a startup. You have to be adaptable and we're open to that. Here it goes:
- Identify key trends and topics resonating in social media communities and evaluate potential opportunities
- Monitor and respond to conversations with customers, influencers and partners on social media
- Update & maintain the content production calendar and Airtable databases with pertinent details
- Collaborate with Community Marketing Manager on production needs such as editing, recording, and scripting for upcoming projects
- Assist in formatting and scheduling social media engagement initiatives
- Inventory of in-house visual assets and social media copy
You'll need to be eager, innovative and ready to work hard. We're moving fast, and that means doing a lot more in less time. Still, work-life balance is important so you won't be taking on more than is reasonable to accomplish within normal working hours.
Who you'll be working with
Check out the other members of the marketing team here.
Learn more about the team here: https://get.nicejob.co/careers#our-team
What's In It For You
Unless you're looking to volunteer (hey, free labor is always appreciated), here's what you'll get.
- $50,000-60,000 Annual Base Salary depending on experience
- Equity (ownership in the company via stock options)
- Flexible work hours out of our Gastown office (up to 30% at home after 3 month probation) - office is currently remote during COVID-19
- Unlimited paid vacation with an enforced 2 week minimum
- Ability to make an impact
- Fast-track career path to management, depending on interest/abilities (as we grow, new hires in these fields will more often report to existing employees)
- We're fun. We're friendly. What more could you ask for. ;)
- You'll get to help people, and people will help you. We all genuinely care and are passionate about helping other people more than just ourselves.
- You'll be recognized and respected because we're a company devoted to helping get the reputation they deserve. That means you too.
- We're proud to have a diverse team. Over half of our staff in office are women, and our team comes from all walks of life, different countries, ethnicities, ages, languages and experiences.
- Strong employee development (mentorship) with other top tier performers, in a culture of humility.
- Hierarchy Schmhierarchy. We let you be your own boss here, we're just here to keep you on track and give direction. You'll Also get to work closely with the leadership team.
You can learn more about our culture here on our 16 page culture outline.
You can also learn more about life at NiceJob and other tech startup jobs we have open here.
There's no cookie cutter model of the perfect applicant, so anyone can apply.
As long as you think you have either the necessary skills, or the ability to learn them very quickly to do this role, you're good. We care about your ability to execute, not your experience - though it certainly can be an indicator.
That said, if this role is local, you must be legally allowed to work in Canada, with the intent of staying local for the long term.
Additionally, the ideal candidate probably …
- Must have: Adobe Creative Cloud proficiency and SEO Analytics education
- Creatively skilled in visual mediums
- Excellent organizational skills
- Disciplined Time Management
- Strong analytical skills
- Deep understanding of social media platforms and social listening
- Excellent written and interpersonal communications skills
- Dedicated production work experience
- Proficiency in social media scheduling tools
- Performance/Public Speaking experience
Training and Your First Month
We may be a startup, but we're not just going to throw you into the deep end and expect you to swim. We'll give you floaties too.
Jokes aside, here's what's in store for you:
- Pre-start date: You'll learn about our company and our product, which we'll discuss once you start.
- First week: You'll spend your time learning the product, our industry, and, depending on your role, talking with customers to learn what makes them tick. You'll use this info to help formulate a plan moving forward in week 2.
- Second week: You'll begin any occupational skills training we have for you. We'll run you through our existing systems, processes, what's worked so far and what hasn't, and your team leader will work with you to develop a plan moving forward.
- Third week: You'll be starting to work on executing on easy wins to test the waters and put your plan in place. You'll be mostly independent by this point.
- Fourth week and beyond: You'll put your plan into place, and we'll see what happens! You'll be given the autonomy to make decisions, but will be held accountable to the results as well.
You Can Interview Immediately
It takes one minute to apply & you can interview right away - no cover letter required!
1. Apply with your resume:
- We'll have our systems analyze it, and if it looks like you're a good fit, you'll instantly be emailed step 2.
2. On-demand video interview:
- We'll ask you a few questions about who you are and why you'd like to join us. Record your video responses and we'll check them out ASAP. Don't worry about dressing up.
3. In-Person Video Introductions:
- It's time we really got to know each other! You'll come see if you like our Gastown office and we'll sit down and have a chat together - Due to COVID, this will be through video call
4. The Offer:
- If you make it this far, congrats! Usually you'll first have a short call with the Founder, and if that goes well, you'll get an offer shortly thereafter. Hopefully you'll be our next team member!
Read about how our hiring process works here: https://get.nicejob.co/careers#interview-process
Proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
At NiceJob, we don't just accept diversity — we celebrate it, we encourage it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community.
We are committed to fostering belonging through a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- We do not discriminate against any race, gender, religious affiliation, ethnicity or any other demographic.
- We don't ask or pay people based on what they used to make. We pay people what they're worth. To resolve this, we benchmark positions against industry rates and then beat them to attract and retain the best talent.
- Lastly, we hire for culture add, not culture fit so that we can gain unique skills, viewpoints, and ultimately innovation.
Still not sold? Read our reviews.
What are you waiting for, apply now!
Frequently Asked Questions
I'd like to learn more about the company and ask some questions, can I give someone a call?
- Due to the volume of applicants we have, we typically don't take calls until AFTER someone has applied and typically not until they've passed the first set of video questions: the Motivation/Goal Fit Video Interview. That said, if a question you have CANNOT be answered here:https://get.nicejob.co/careers, on this job description, or otherwise on our website,
calendar_today1 day ago