Health Care Support Worker (BB-D5CAF)
Found in: Neuvoo CA
If you’re passionate about leading a team that is, committed to the Team Member Experience and driven by innovation and growth, then join us!
The Health Care Support Worker is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents and ignites the warmth of human connection.
As a Health Care Support Worker your typical day will impact the following ways:
• Participates as an integral member of a healthcare delivery team to provide a variety of non-direct and/or non-clinical healthcare supports to clients, residents, families and/or visitors to meet established needs.
• Establishes rapport with clients, residents and families, and assists in promoting physical, emotional, cultural, social, and spiritual well-being. Observes clients and residents, and their environments, to identify and report unsafe conditions, behavioral and/or physical changes to designated supervisor.
• Assists with mealtime activities; sets up, welcomes and transports clients or residents to dining areas, sets up and collects meal trays, assists with limited food preparation such as heating prepared food, making tea, coffee, toast, etc. where clients or residents require support.
• Provides assistance in carrying out activities; sets up supplies and equipment, assists with transporting clients or residents to designated areas, encourages participation in activities and provides support to clients or residents where required.
• Performs housekeeping duties such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming, dusting, washing dishes, and washing, drying, folding, and delivering laundry, where required.
• Greets visitors and others in accordance with established safety, security and infection control procedures and guidelines; provides information and/or redirects to appropriate person or area, where required.
• Checks and restocks supplies as required, including personal care, first aid, and housekeeping supplies and assists in taking inventory.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Grade 10, including successful completion of English 10 or equivalency.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to organize work.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check. Applicable to Ontario applicants.
• All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Criminal Records Check. Applicable to British Columbia applicants.
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
calendar_today10 hours ago
location_onWest Kelowna, Canada
work Lakeview Lodge Care Community