Human Resources Business Partner (BB-C4B8D)
Found in: Talent CA
We are seeking a confident and proactive Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to join Aurinia’s HR team . This is a team that is committed to the employees, culture, and vision of Aurinia Pharmaceuticals. We do it because We Care.
As Aurinia grows and matures into a multinational, fully integrated biopharmaceutical company, we call on all employees to embody the company’s values and integrate them into their daily work. It is integral for the HRBP role to live Aurinia’s values of Creating Opportunity, Acting Responsibly, Relentlessly Persevering and Executing with Integrity, in ever action they take. We have a lot of work to do, and we are looking for someone to bring new and fresh ideas.
The Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for supporting the HR Director in developing and maintaining an understanding of the operating environment of key client groups to proactively deliver applicable HR solutions and drive business results. Their responsibility lies in all facets of human resources with a specific emphasis on manager coaching and consultation, employee relations, recruiting, onboarding, driving a positive employee culture, change management and communication, performance management and employee development. The HRBP must demonstrate a high-level of integrity, a strong depth of knowledge of human resources policies and practices, and a pro-active approach to business partnerships. They must be willing to roll up their sleeves in a dynamic ever-changing environment to complete a balance of tactical and strategic work in a start-up environment.
- Build effective and strong business relationships with all internal clients. Proactively work with managers at all levels to identify HR issues and devise creative solutions aligned to business objectives.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to managers, such as coaching, counseling, career development, and developmental actions.
- Execute recruiting plans to meet the workforce needs of client groups at Aurinia.
- Play an active role in the interviewing and selection of talent for Aurinia, partnering with our RPO.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations. Partner with the legal department as needed/required.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase engagement and motivation.
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation, including time off and benefits queries.
- Manage all parts of the employee life-cycle for assigned client group.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Assist with Training and Development efforts for Aurinia. Identify unique opportunities and develop workshops as needed.
- Work with HR Director to identify and implement value-driven HR strategies
- Build strong partnerships with the HR Team in areas such as compensation, benefits, talent acquisition, HRIS and leadership & employee development to roll out corporate wide programs and ensure client’s needs are understood and met.
- Identify key trends and collaborate with the HR team to provide recommendations and solutions.
- May act as team member on various HR or business programs, projects, or teams.
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive Human Resources specific experience in multiple human resource disciplines
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education with a focus in HR or equivalent work experience.
- CPHR certification an asset
- Experience supporting corporate services functions (Finance, IT, Admin) an asset.
- A demonstrated track record of influencing leaders, navigating ambiguous environments and taking an agile approach to work and culture improvements.
- Adept at managing change.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws (Canada and USA), guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies is required.
- Knowledge of employee relations principles, practices, methods, and programs.
- Strong ethical approach to resolving employee issues is required, as is the ability to remain impartial and objective.
- Must have strong business acumen to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's structure, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for developing communications, coupled with strong listening, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines, coupled with organizational, analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Capable of managing shifting priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
- A tendency to lean to collaboration as opposed to taking things on alone.
- A curious mind-set, always looking to understand what is new in the world of work and look at things without a one-size-fits all lens.
- Technologically savvy to help support, educate and drive the use of new technologies in the business and in the HR team in a dispersed organization.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Teams and SharePoint. Bonus if you are familiar with Planner or Trello and if you have utilized Ceridian DayForce.
We appreciate flexibility at Aurinia. This role is posted as Victoria, BC but as a dispersed organization, we are open to fill this role in a remote and/or hybrid capacity.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
calendar_today2 days ago