We all have power, but some of us don't believe we do and give their power away. Here are the top 10 ways people give away their power:
- Asking others what they should do.
- Thinking God decides who gets what.
- Worrying about how their dream will come true.
- Thinking they have dues to pay.
- Attaching to unimportant details and outcomes.
- Believing in soul mates.
- Thinking karma or spiritual contracts are absolute.
- Fear of anything, especially falling in love.
- Waiting for their ducks to line up before acting.
- Choosing to be unhappy.
So if the above are the top ten ways to give away your power, here are ten ways to keep your power. Understand the truth and you will soar.
- Stop asking others what you should do, decide yourself.
- God does not decide who gets what, humans do and that means you decide not God.
- Visualize your dream coming true.
- Understand that you have no dues to pay, you have already paid them, or are paying them now.
- Details can overwhelm and distract you from the big picture, look to the big picture and move forward.
- There is no such thing as a soul mate, there are people who come into your life who you love or who you don't love.
- Karma or spiritual contracts, if you believe in them are always negotiable.
- Fall in love, it is an emotional scary place, but worth the effort, even if the person you love leaves.
- Act first, if needed apologize later. Taking action is more meaningful if you have a plan, but the action is always more important than waiting and doing nothing.
- Choose to be happy. Happy is a state of mind, and you get to choose, every day how you face the world and you decide if you want to be happy or not. You may live longer if you choose happily.
A Narrative Review of Age-specific Issues Submitte ...