41 Old Fashioned skills that Children need to know today
My cousin sent me this list via Facebook and I thought what an interesting idea that we as the older generation could tell our sons’ daughters and grandchildren how to do these things. By the way, many of the younger generations do these things very well, and I would say they do some of them better than my generation. Generation gaps exist, they always have, we were not understood by our parents, they were not understood by theirs and we certainly do not understand the next generation. To compensate we give wonderful advice, which is not needed.
For the first five skills listed, I have shown how easy it is to find out how to do them. I could do the above with all of the remaining skills that we or someone speaking for my generation believe our young people should learn. My point is that all of these skills can be learned online and learned very quickly.
We may not like it but we are moving to a need to know society. Each generation has to learn many skills to make us happy and productive, without a previous generation telling us what those skills should be. We did not like it when our parents told us what we should do, our children and our grandchildren will not either. They will ask us and learn from us when they are ready. Be patient and enjoy.
1. How to write a letter
a. When was the last time you were asked to or did write an actual letter? I have not written an actual letter in a very long time, I have written many email messages and tweets and blog posts, but have not had the need to write a letter. If I needed to write a letter, I would just go to YourDictionary and do a search and find learn on how to do this task.
2. How to make a phone call
a. This is an important skill and most children learn this before they learn to write, however in the event that a child did not know how to make a phone call, they could go to WikiHow and find at least three ways to make a phone call.
3. How to take a message
a. This is another important skill and one that many seniors do not know how to do well, but a quick search of WikiHow and I could find out how to take a message with pictures.
4. How to get to know an older person
a. Great skill, a quick search of Google gives us over one million, nine hundred thousand ways to do this.
5. How to sew on a button
a. If you have to do this, then all you need to do is go to YouTube and do a search for how to sew on a button, which I did and found over 20 videos which had been uploaded in the past week, The list as you can see is interesting and some skills should have been taught by the parents, or teachers but all can be learned quickly when the need arises to learn them. One thing the next generation is good at is finding things on the Internet. Let me know what you think.
6. How to play with a baby
7. How to make a genuine apology
8. How to read slowly
9. How to hammer a nail
10. How to shake hands in a time of staying six feet apart
11. How to introduce themselves
12. How to take notice of the needs around you
13. How to make scrambled eggs
14. Hoe to balance a chequebook
15. How to see a job through to completion
16. How to write a thank-you note
17. How to do laundry
18. How to take care of a garden
19. How to fix something instead of replacing it
20. How to plan a healthy meal
21. How to hand a picture
22. How to wash dishes
23. How to make a budget
24. How to wait and save for something
25. How t check tire pressure
26. How to ask questions to get to know someone better
27. How to read a map
28. How to find a book in the library
29. How to and when to seek counsel from someone more experienced
30. How to care for a pet
31. How to select a gift that the receiver will appreciate
32. How to admit a mistake
33. How to set the table
34. How to iron a shirt
35. How to give someone the benefit of the doubt
36. How to weigh out the pros and cons of a decision
37. How to have good table manners
38. How to read a recipe
39. How to attend a concert or a performance
40. How to do something well even if no one is watching
41. How to be kind.
Common Logical Fallacies Everyone Should Know from ...
A farmer is in the middle of plowing his field whe ...
You have no groups that fit your search