Chief Information Officer - Appleby College
About Kevin Pashuk:
I have 3 great kids (one of each), 2 delightfully wonderful grandkids, and a lifelong partner who grounds me and keeps me from changing things too much.
It was the first school in Canada to implement a 1:1 laptop program (in its 16th year) where every student and teacher are equipped with tools that enhance and accelerate learning.
My team developed the sophisticated platform on top of Microsoft's OneNote and Sharepoint for this exciting educational environment, We get technology out of the way (make it invisible) so that we can focus on our core mission - educating the next generation of globally minded, service oriented contributors to local and global communities.
We have made our work available to Microsoft, which subsequently released the OneNote Class Notebook to schools globally.
In 2014 and 2015 Appleby was invited by Microsoft to become a Global Showcase School in response to its innovative approach to delivering education empowered by technology.
Chief Information Officer Sheridan College Member of executive team providing leadership to Sheridan's Information Technology department delivering infrastructure, development, and technology services to the college community of 14,000 full time students, 35.000 part time students and over 1,500 faculty and staff.
- Planned and administered a $14M+ annual operating budget with 7 direct, 58 indirect full time support personnel. Total department size (including part-time and student workforce): 100.
- Negotiated strategic partnerships and service level agreements with vendors to increase institutional capacity while maintaining ongoing operational budget levels.
- Served as Executive sponsor for PeopleSoft upgrade project ($2.2M), Business Intelligence Implementation project ($575K), and Web Content Management System ($975K). Projects were delivered on time and within budget.
- Established office of Information Security and Compliance
Director of Technology Northern Ontario School of Medicine Founding Director of Canada's first new medical school in over 30 years.
Built on a fully distributed model with teaching and learning occuring in urban, rural and remote communities throughout Northern Ontario.
Recruited to provide executive leadership for the IT systems in a newly launched medical school with a geographically dispersed faculty and student body with two main campuses in Thunder Bay and Sudbury.
- Recruited, trained and managed the operational and application development team.
- Negotiated strategic partnerships and service level agreements with host universities, regional health providers, government agencies, and Aboriginal and francophone communities.
- Key member of working groups responsible for developing common standards for electronic medical records and consolidating IT services across publicly funded agencies, hospitals and government services in northwestern Ontario.
Consultant - Technology Restructuring Indiana University School of Medicine Retained by Indiana University School of Medicine to centralize Information Systems management through the creation of a new shared-services organization.
- Facilitated the development and implementation of the school's first strategic technology plan.
- Recruited the entire IS executive team, and streamlined organizational structures and processes to double the number of supported users with no increase in headcount.
- Established an in-house development team that saved US $2.5M in third-party vendor costs.
Chief Information Officer - Appleby College/ beBee Brand Ambassador Appleby College and beBee Selected to be among the cadre of contributors to beBee - Adding value and promoting the experience of a tremendous social media platform.
AVP - Information Technology Sheridan Polytechnic University Founded in 1967, Sheridan has grown from a local college of 400 students to one of Ontario’s leading postsecondary institutions, educating approximately 23,000 full-time and 18,500 continuing and part-time studies students every year on three campuses in three Ontario cities – Oakville, Brampton and Mississauga.
An award-winning institution, Sheridan attracts students from across Canada and around the world. Sheridan’s 170,000 alumni play a critical role in shaping the future of our society in the fields of arts, business, community service, health, technology, and the skilled trades.
Master's of Business Administration - IT Management Athabasca University
Professionals in the same Technology / Internet sector as Kevin Pashuk
Professionals from different sectors near Oakville - Ontario
Other users who are called Kevin
Jobs near Oakville - Ontario
Found in: Talent CA - 6 days ago
Red Thread Innovations Toronto, Canada Full time
Red Thread Innovations is a digital innovation firm with the solitary mission of building meaningful digital products that delight consumers and transform businesses. As a company, we're an experienced bunch of researchers, designers, and engineers who are passionate about innova ...
Found in: Talent CA± - 4 days ago
Yaarit Vichodez Vaughan, Canada
Education: · Secondary (high) school graduation certificate Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years Work setting Optional accommodation available at no charge on a live-in basis · Note: · This is NOT a condition of employment Tasks Assume full responsibility for household in abse ...
Found in: Talent CA± - 3 days ago
HT RECRUITMENT CONSULTANTS INC Mississauga, Canada
Education: · College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years Experience: 1 to less than 7 months Tasks Calculate and prepare cheques for payroll Keep financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts using man ...