An accomplished Sales and Marketing Leader with a reputation for effective strategy, creative problem solving and execution.
A simple journeyman of life and the human condition involved in all the stratagems on the way.
I haven't decided which yet; it's a work in progress.
GPEStratagem April 2014 - at PresentAn accomplished Sales and Marketing Leader with a reputation for effective strategy, creative problem solving and execution; highly experienced in sales and marketing management with a number of awards. Brings a wealth of cross-functional skill sets in product, price and marketing management as well as sales management and development.
Business Development and Commercialization
Optimizing sales and marketing operations
Optimizing sales teams and continued development
Development and execution of marketing plans
Creative problem solving
As a beBee Ambassador I advocate, produce honey, blog, cheerlead and help people successfully incorporate beBee into their social media strategy.
North American Regional Marketing Operations leader
Life Technologies April 2013 - March 2014Led cross functional engagement to solidify the new North American regional marketing structure to meet the new business goals and objectives
• Created and implemented the Marketing Operations structure and function to support “go to market” activities
• Developed the Promotional Governance Process to optimize promotional effectiveness resulting in greater alignment with strategy, promotional control and effectiveness.
• Participated in the development and governance of the sales lead process resulting in clear definitions of marketing prospects and sales opportunities as well as delivery of high quality opportunities to the Sales Team.
Canadian Regional Marketing Leader / Inside Sales Leader
Life Technologies January 2011 - March 2013• Developed and implemented a Canadian marketing plan and infrastructure to support Canadian business and marketing initiatives aligning strategy and tactical activities.
• Worked closely with the Canadian leader to drive Canadian initiatives such as distributor agreements, sales strategy and untapped market segment opportunities ($50 M annually)
• Led the regional marketing management of the Gibco Cell Culture Brand in North America, increasing marketing effectiveness ($110 M annually)
• Managed the Canadian Inside Sales team achieving above plan performance ($9 M, 104% to plan)
Senior District Sales Manager
Invitrogen Inc January 2004 - December 2010• Architected and implemented the North American Sales and Development Program involving the hiring, training, management and deployment of 55 associate sales reps (5000 + new opportunities and $1 M in incremental revenue)
• Developed an Inside Sales training and development program designed to manage sales rep training, development and performance
• Led the expansion and management of the North American inside sales team to drive proof of concept, viability and sustained revenue growth. Managed 18 sales reps to over plan performance ($63 M, 104 % of plan).
Canadian marketing Leader
Canadian Life Technologies December 1992 - December 2003• Reporting to the Canadian General Manager, led the marketing function in Canada working closely with all cross functional groups.
• Managed a team of eight, developing and executing annual marketing plans ($ 30 M annually)
• Led annual strategic planning process with leadership team resulting in defined annual business goals and plans
• Launched new products & promotions, championed business initiatives as well as the introduction of acquisitions and distributor agreements in Canada, resulting in annual double digit growth and expansion into new business segments
• Involved in the development of the annual financial plan as part of the annual planning process.
• Demonstrated effective expense and budget control and managed repeated under budget performance.
University of Toronto
1979 - 1983
(4 years) Ontario